Eroticon 2015 - Ashley Lister

Thursday 30 July 2015

by Ashley Lister
As I've probably mentioned before, I'm attending Eroticon this weekend and delivering a workshop on writing erotic romance. Thanks to the inspired genius of Molly Moore (@mollysdailykiss) I'm introducing myself to the rest of the attendees here before actually arriving in Bristol on Friday where I'll be going to the Meet and Greet at the Raddison Blu Hotel Broad Quay, Bristol BS1 4BY (7.30pm – 10.30pm).

NAME (and Twitter name if you have one)
Ashley Lister  @ashleylister

Is this your first time at Eroticon? If No, what is your favourite memory from a previous Eroticon and if Yes, what are you most looking forward to at Eroticon 2015?
This is my third visit to Eroticon and I'm genuinely excited. The friendships I've made at previously events have been strong and I'm thrilled by the chance to interact with so many colleagues whom I admire and respect. It's also a very useful learning platform that never fails to deliver benefits to my writing throughout the year. 

Which 3 sessions have you already earmarked as definitely going to?
I want to go to every session. I love Cressida Downing and want to sit in on her critique session, but I'm also curious to attend the conflicting session on cover art. The same conflict occurs with the KD Grace/Lily Harlem workshop on creativity, which goes up against Stella Ottewill exploring dark erotica. And there's the same conflict with MK Elliot's session on self-publishing, which conflicts with DJ Fet's 'The Psychology of Rope'. And that's just Saturday. Most likely I'll just go from one room to another and savour the moment rather than cursing that I can't be in two or three separate places at the same time. 

If you wrote an autobiography what would it be called?
My Struggle. 

Where are you writing this post and what 5 things can you see around you (not including the device you are writing on)?
I am in my office, in Blackpool. I can see a picture of my beautiful wife, framed prints of my book covers, post-it notes reminding me which trains to take tomorrow, an action figure of Faith from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and, the most predominant thing I can see, is the bookshelf that I constructed last weekend. Here's a picture. 

I look forward to seeing you over the weekend. 
Ash

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP