It's not a bondage thing #TooMuchSpareTime

Sunday 5 November 2017

A couple of months ago I got into a discussion with a colleague about the proper length of a necktie. I’m not trying to pretend that every day at work has this high level of adrenaline-fuelled excitement. I’m simply starting this narrative at the beginning.

The discussion on necktie lengths (the appropriate length, for those who are interested, is to the centre of the tie-wearer's belt buckle) led to the discovery that it is possible to tie a necktie with something other than the simple Windsor knot.

Because I’ve always thought that necktie tying was a rather dull occupation, and because I do like things that are a little bit different, I thought I would experiment with some of the innovative approaches that are out there. 

I’ve been posting photographs on FaceBook and Twitter of my efforts and using the hashtag #TooMuchSpareTime. It seemed apposite.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, one of my FaceBook friends suggested I should compile a list of my favourite necktie knots. Because I’m one of those individuals who love to make lists, I thought this was a good idea. This is not quite as lame as it sounds. Some of these knots are very pretty. All of the ones on my favourites list have solicited comments from colleagues. 

Therefore, over the next three weeks, I’m going to share the names of my fifteen favourite knots, along with pictures and links to instructional videos for how to tie these necktie knots.


I shall be starting tomorrow, on the 6th November.  I look forward to hearing your comments. 

 #TooMuchSpareTime

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP