The Book Launch - Raven and Skull

Saturday 23 July 2016


 July 10th saw the official launch of Raven and Skull. It's my first horror novel and, as I've said before, it's one of those stories I've been wanting to write for years.

The whole evening was presented by the Pub Poets, a group of open mic performers entertainers who know how to write and perform poetry. It's one thing to write a novel. It's quite another to have its release endorsed by a collective of poets.

Adding to the prestige, the launch was hosted by the incredible performance poet, Trevor Meaney.  Trevor is a respected, talented and accomplished poet with a huge following.  The night would not have been such a success without him at the helm.  For those of you not familiar with Trevor, this is a short piece of him in his usual, incredible form.


On top of that, the insanely talented Colin Davies delivered a very well-received performance piece on the subject of profunctuation.   It's not safe work, but it was hilarious, perfectly presented and so funny that several members of the audience hurt themselves laughing. This is not for the easily offended but, for everyone else, it's worth checking out.


There isn't the space here to thank all the talented poets who turned up for the evening.  I've not even begun to say thank you to my supportive family and wonderful friends who made the whole episode so memorable.  And, because I'm sure they're already aware of my appreciation and gratitude, I'll finish this post with a link to Raven and Skull, and a short clip of one of the poems I read on the evening. Just like Colin's poem has the NSFW warning, this one too should be treated with similar caution.


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP