WordPool

Friday 4 July 2014

Yesterday I had the pleasure of listening to Sophie Hannah discuss the inspiration and ideas that have fuelled some of her exciting and entertaining books. Sophie Hannah is a successful poet and a celebrated author who was visiting Blackpool as part of the town's WordPool celebrations.

Speaking to a crowded Brunswick Room at Central Library, Sophie shared some of the personal details that had been behind her bestselling novels. She kept listeners spellbound and entertained as she explained the real inspirations behind Kind of Cruel, The Carrier and Orphan Choir.

I'm indebted to Lynne Pattinson for inviting me to the event. It was a thoroughly entertaining afternoon and I expect today will be no less compelling.

I'm going to spend Friday morning (July 4) listening to Terry Caffrey and, in the afternoon, I'll be there for Polly Atkin's launch of the WordPool National Poetry Competition.

Working with Fylde Coast Community Radio I'm also going to be conducting a live broadcast of these two events throughout the day. As you might expect, I'll also be talking about all of this extensively on Saturday night's poetry show, live on Fylde Coast Community Radio
.

For more information about WordPool check out their blog.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP