What’s so sexy about cooking?

Tuesday 22 July 2014

As I may have mentioned, I’m in the process of writing a trilogy of erotic romance titles that are set in and around a Michelin-starred kitchen. The first title was released last month. Both my central characters are chefs.

He’s experienced and knowledgeable.

She’s learning a lot from him.

I won’t spoil the story here. I’m only mentioning this aspect of the content because I’ve had feedback from someone asking me what’s supposedly so sexy about cooking. I’m not sure how to respond because asking, “What’s sexy about cooking?” is like asking, “What’s pleasant about sunshine?”

Cooking and baking are acts of considered creation. The ability to understand appetites, and cater to those appetites using skill, knowledge and experience, is the key to absolute satisfaction. Such abilities are appreciated by those with an interest in savouring the sensory; and I’m no longer sure whether I’m still discussing cooking and baking here, or if the subject has become more focused on the erotic.

When couples are first dating they often go for a meal. Why? Because the act of sharing food is a precursor to the act of sharing other intimacies. When things are becoming more serious couples cook meals for that special person. Why? Because there isn’t much sexier than the act of creating and consuming.


According to Cosmopolitan, (http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/advice/g1344/popular-places-to-have-sex/?slide=5) 48% of those involved in a recent survey claimed to have had sex on the kitchen table. Why? Because cooking and kitchens are sexy. Don’t believe me? Check out the links below. 

Or you can try one of the FaceBook links: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mischief-Books/186744244762441

"The world building pulls the reader behind the scenes of high end dining, exclusivity and the celebrity of a world famous chef, and the notoriety and fall out of an affair that is about to crash and burn. 

If you are a fan of the light BDSM storylines and like the world of the rich and famous, then A TASTE OF PASSION is for you.


  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP